Football news) Mohamed Salah became the first player ever to score in 9 consecutive matches for Liverpool FC. This season, his red hot form continued as he scored a brace to help his side secure a 3-2 victory over Atletico Madrid, these goals also meant that he took his goal tally to 12 this season. His form has subsequently helped Liverpool to an amazing start to the season in all competition as Salah at this moment is currently the best player in the world based on his form.
Salah’s red hot streak started way back in late August, when he converted a penalty against Chelsea in a 1-1 draw, since then he went on to score against Leeds, Milan, Crystal Palace, Brentford, Porto, Manchester City and Watford. Scoring against Atletico also meant that Mohamed Salah overtook Steven Gerrard as the club's highest European goalscorer with 31 goals, having only featured 48 times in the Champions league. He's arguably in his best form of his life and is going to continue breaking records for Liverpool.
The records broken by Salah over the years for Liverpool are:
- Salah scored 32 league goals in 2017-18, beating Cristiano Ronaldo’s record for most goals scored in a Premier League season.
- Liverpool's star man also became the first player to outscore three Premier League teams in a league season during the 2017-2018 campaign.
- Salah managed to score 25 left-footed goals in the Premier League in 2017-18. This is the most recorded by any player in a single campaign in the competition’s history.
- Salah also won three Premier League Player of the Month awards in the 2017-18 campaign, which has never been done in a single season.
- The Egyptian forward overtook Didier Drogba for the most goals scored by an African player in a single Premier League season last term.
- He also became the first player to score on the opening day of five consecutive Premier League seasons after finding the back of the net against Norwich City in August 2021.
- Salah became the first Liverpool player to score in nine successive games after finding the back of the net against Atletico Madrid.
- His brace against the LaLiga giants also saw him break Steven Gerrard's record as Liverpool's leading goalscorer in the Champions League. He has now scored 31 goals compared to Gerrard's 30.
Arsene Wenger on Salah after his performance against Atletico said: “He's top, top class and he's certainly the best striker at the moment in the world because he scores goals that nobody else can score. You have to play street football to dribble past people like that in a short space. He's full of confidence and he's creative. Overall, I believe as well that he is very intelligent because the sign of players that always improve is their intelligence.”
At this moment Mohamed Salah is hands down the best player in the world and no player at this moment even comes close to the things he's doing for Liverpool. He was often called a one season wonder but time and time again the Egyptian has proved his value and talent by not only scoring but also assisting a lot of goals for his teammates. If he continues this golden run of form then the Ballon’d’or is not very far.
Klopp when asked who's the best player in the world right now said “He is top. We all see it. Who is better than him? We don't have to talk about what Messi and Ronaldo have done for world football and their dominance. But right now, he is the best. Salah is in his age where you can still improve, and he's doing that constantly”